Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) - Virtual | Segunda, 27. Julho 2020
About this Event
Why take this CSM course?
Because, when it comes to Agile, mindset (how you think) matters more than practices (what you do).
And that means you want a world-class training environment and a top-quality experience from an exceptional instructor. One that helps you get into the Agile frame of mind so you can stop working harder and start working more effectively to deal with the challenging issues you **** every day. After all, processes and tools can get you only so far.
Now’s the time to ask yourself the tough questions:
- Am I satisfied to cobble together activities that seem like Scrum or am I ready to get serious about using the real thing?
- Am I ready to truly understand Agile—to put "whys before hows," and learn the underlying principles and values that drive success before getting into successful practices—or am I satisfied to just do Agile?
- Am I ready to hold real conversations with my managers and executives or am I satisfied to stick with superficial interactions?
- Am I ready to start measuring value delivered and stop measuring work output?
- Am I ready for a one-of-a-kind training experience that instills the confidence to engage successfully in Agile practices as soon as I get back to my team or am I satisfied to stick with the typical Agile training session?
The best ScrumMasters know they need the kind of training that provides actionable knowledge and skills. And you’ll join their ranks when you choose Agile For All’s two-day Certified ScrumMaster® workshop.
Come prepared to participate! In a Bob Hartman training session, death by PowerPoint doesn’t cut it, so you definitely won’t be bored. Agile For All’s wholly immersive, brain-friendly training style means you’ll dig deep into a real-world situations, learn by exploring, have fun, practice new skills, and remember more of the course content. During your online learning experience you will use the latest collaboration tools including Zoom and Miro to experience breakout exercises, live collaborative experience on a Miro board, and a lot of interaction challenging you to think deeply about the content.
You’ll find out how to understand real-world complexity and change, and use your understanding as an advantage for you your team and your organization. You’ll see how to build learning and continuous improvement into your daily activities. And you’ll uncover new ways to communicate effectively with your team and stakeholders to constantly create high value deliverables – regardless of your industry.
When you choose CSM training from Agile For All, you also create an unbreakable relationship that encourages ongoing interaction with our experts and gives you access to our extensive Agile resources for as long as you’re involved with Scrum.
With successful course completion, you can choose to become a Certified ScrumMaster® by passing the short exam found on the Scrum Alliance website.
Course Topics & Learning Objectives
Take advantage of our industry experience and immerse yourself in the major skillsets and practices you need to succeed as a Certified ScrumMaster. Throughout this CSM course, you’ll:
- Develop an Agile mindset and learn to think in an Agile way—based on the Agile Manifesto and augmented with Lean disciplines and Scrum values
- See the benefit of measuring work outcome—not work output—and ensure you focus on the Agile triangle of building the right thing, building it the right way, and building it efficiently
- Understand why the core of Agile is about supporting the people who do the work and creating an environment for their success
By the end of our time together, you’ll be able to:
- Achieve success as a leader/ScrumMaster for a Scrum team by harnessing people’s intelligence to solve complex problems instead of focusing primarily on processes and tools
- Explain the seven Lean Disciplines and how they impact organizational agility
- Get into the Agile mindset of “whys before hows” and really understand how to think in an Agile way, which is the only path to achieve Agile success
- Understand the three legs of Scrum Theory: transparency, inspection, and adaptation
- Engage in key Scrum practices of estimation, planning, and more
- Gain experience in coaching and facilitation using common ScrumMaster scenarios and techniques
- Help a Scrum team plan successfully
- Understand Scrum basics, including meetings, artifacts, and roles that make up the Scrum process, and help others learn the Scrum framework
Who Should Attend
This course is for you if:
- You just found out you’ve been designated as a ScrumMaster for your organization and you need to learn how Scrum works
- You’re using something that seems like Scrum, but you feel you’re not doing it right and want to learn how Scrum really works
- You’re a manager whose teams have started using Scrum and you recognize you’ve become a bottleneck to their success so you want to know how to do your job differently
- You work for the PMO and you’re tasked with figuring out how to safely and successfully use Scrum and Agile for projects across your company
- You’ve been assigned to attend a CSM training to help your organization make the transition to Scrum and Agile
- You’ve heard a lot about Scrum and Agile and recognize you need to learn about it, or you just want to know more
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Project management professionals can get 16 PDUs for this CSM course.
All CSM courses from Agile For All are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Successfully completing a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster®. That means you’ve been introduced to and understand the basic concepts needed to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track—Scrum Introduction and Elective.
About the Course Facilitators
Founder of Agile For All, “Agile Bob” Hartman draws on his extensive experience in software development, training, and coaching to guide companies through the challenges and nuances needed to effectively embrace Agile and create one-of-a-kind transformation. He’s been in the trenches himself, and he’s worked with a diverse range of global organizations such as HP, Pearson Education, Starz Entertainment Network, Turner Broadcasting, Western Union, Weyerhaeuser, Siemens, and more. One of only a few professionals who’s both a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer and a Certified Enterprise Coach, Bob also served as vice chair of the Scrum Alliance board of directors and stays active in the Agile and Scrum community. His Denver, CO-based Agile For All business-to-business training and coaching group hosts the exciting annual Humanizing Work, an advanced training event exclusively for alumni of Agile for All sessions.
Onsite Courses & Training
Bring this training to your organization! Agile For All offers private training workshops by some of the top Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coaches and Certified Scrum Trainers. For information about private workshops, group discounts or questions contact us or call 303.766.0917
Search for Other Courses
What Participants Say
“I expected to get a ‘pre-recorded’ and ‘scripted’ class. Instead, I got a collaborative experience, which was worlds better than the typical trainings I’ve sat through.”
“Very practical and helpful information. It actually applies to more than just in the workforce. This class was very interactive, which helped our team significantly in learning and applying the material.”
“Learned agile by doing it—very cool!”
"Bob's way of teaching was fantastic. He was able to make things as simple as possible."
FastTrack Your Agile Skills – Save $200!
“FastTrack” your Agile skills with both CSM and CSPO certifications. Register for this course and receive $200 off a future Certified Scrum Product Owner® training. Find out how to get this FastTrack discount by emailing email or calling 303-766-0917.